Wednesday, February 2, 2011

YES! I'm sane ;)

Contrary to popular belief, I am not crazy woohoo!

I FINALLY had my final mental health eval. I was booked for a 90 minute appt. I was out of there in 15 minutes.

Oh yes, people, that means I am not crazy enough to need the whole 90 minutes LOL!

Despite my confidence that I would pass the eval, the night before the appt I started to get a little nervous. My best friend quickly assured me that I was nuts and would be committed haha.

So I went in for the appt totally on edge. The doctor thankfully had a sense of humor so that put me at ease. He started out asking if I had any questions. SO I asked what in the world was with the crazy questions on the test. He laughed, then explained that its to catch people who are "people pleasers". Ya know the type that will say they love everything even if they dont just to make you happy. So it makes sense.

He asked a few questions about the surgery I want, basically trying to get a feel if I knew what I was getting myself in to and how to handle the changes.

Please. I have been researching for months at group meetings and online. I'm ready.

He then went over my test results, even showed them to me. The only thing I scored "high" on was health concerns. Um duh, IM having weight loss surgery for a reason lol. He said that was totally expected.

He said there was nothing concerning on my test or our in person meeting and he feels I will be very successful given my determination to get healthy and get this stuff moving!

So now I wait. Again.

The psychologist will write up his report by the end of the week, he will submit it to surgery and to my bariatric case manager. Then I can call and schedule my consult with the surgeon and get my date set.

YES!!

No comments: