Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year, New Me

I'm not the type to make resolutions for the New Year. We don't even really do anything to celebrate the New Year, we sleep right on through midnight ;)

However this year is different.

We are starting tomorrow night at our Pastors house. We will probably leave pretty early because we are old like that ;)

Saturday morning starts our new way of eating. NO MORE EATING OUT! Now of course if we get a giftcard we will use it but we will choose wisely.

My husband and I will begin to eat more high protein, low carb meals. We will eat more fresh fruits and veggies. I'm grateful the hubby is willing to go along with this. So many people who have gone through weight loss surgery have little to no support. I will be eating this way for the rest of my life. I also need to really up my water intake, I used to drink water all day everyday and now it seems I can go all day long without a sip of anything. I also need to stop drinking 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after meals, this is a HUGE challenge for me but again, its neccessary for my surgery. Im also switching to decaff coffee.

I hope this will be a good influence on the kids too. I do not want my kids struggling with their weight the same way I have.

We also bought a few new workout and dance games for the Wii we got for Christmas.

By the end of 2011, I will be a new, thin, healthy person!

May God Bless you all in 2011!

1 comment:

HOPE said...

Praying that all goes well for you. Truly, as I've learned...we don't take notice of our health and FOOD intake until it gets serious. My diet has always been pretty good..but now much better.

Someone told me the OLDER (YOU are NOT old) you tend to not drink water as needed because your thrist changes??? I find myself struggling here too and keep a water bottle almost connected to my side now! I add lemon juice and find I guzzle it right on down and actually need to refill!

Defintely important for the kids..I agree totally. SUGAR the culprit in so many problems with chidlren ..hyperactivity for one!

Well no more eating out..ought to reward you with a new outfit for the new body!!

God bless and keep you all safe in the new year..and HEALTHY!
love and hugs
M.E. Nana